Electronic Submission Must Be Received By: 11:59 PM EST November 19th, 2018
Live Final Round: January 28th, 2019
Include a resume with date of birth, cover letter, full-length photograph, and a high quality un-edited audio file(s), not more than six-months old, to include the following:
- Mozart – Concert No. 2 or 4, Mvt. 1 – Exposition
OR Strauss – Concerto No. 1 – Exposition
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 3 – Mvt 3, Trio m. 171-205 – Horn 2
- Shostakovich – Symphony No. 5 – Mvt 1 Rehearsal 17-21 – Horn 2
- Wagner – Short Call
- Bernstein – Overture to Candide – m. 122-201- Horn 1
- Smith/Patti/Taylor – Core of the Corps Finale 2018 – m. 7-30 – Horn 4
- Any additional piece(s) that further demonstrate versatility and excellence
Download "Corps of the Corps Finale 2018"
Perform horn in the concert and marching band, and other chamber music groups as needed. In addition to outstanding musicianship, the hired candidate must be able to stand and march in a ceremonial formation for over 60 minutes and carry their instrument with no additional support for two or more miles. Additional inclusion of other marketable musical or non-musical skills should be reflected on the applicant's resume. Examples of other skills include arts administration experience, recording engineering experience, graphic design, or any other skills that may be valuable in a large, self-produced performing ensemble.
- Submit your application by filling out the form below and uploading the necessary documents and/or files.
- PLEASE NOTE: Only .mp3 Audio files will be accepted.
- Only high quality sound recordings will be accepted and evaluated.
- Separating files for each excerpt is permitted and preferred.
- Upon submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email sent to the email you have provided.
If you encounter any issues submitting your application or materials or have any questions, please contact auditions: firstname.lastname@example.org